A challenging full-time position, which will enable me to utilize my knowledge and experience necessary for an exciting career in a oil and gas industry, available summer 1999.
Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering GPA- 3.8/4.0
The University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK, U.S.A August,1997- Present
Master of Technology in Chemical Engineering (Specialization: Petroleum Engineering) Discontinued
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, INDIA June,1997- August,1997
Bachelor of Technology in Chemical Engineering (Specialization: Petroleum Engineering) GPA- 4.0/4.0
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, A.P., INDIA June,1993- June,1997
Two years of experience in preparation of Drilling muds (Water-based muds) and operating TUDRP LPAT (low-pressure ambient temperature) cuttings transport flow loop (100 ft long X 8.0 in. I.D. Casing X 4.5 in. O.D. Drillpipe). Prediction of optimum mud rheological parameters for hole cleaning and optimum circulation time.
1998 (16 Oct- 31 Dec)
Co-investigator for a project on 'Hole cleaning' for Shell Intl. E&P RTS.
Preparation of drilling muds, operating TUDRP cuttings transport flow loop, data acquisition and analysis.
BS Chemical Engineering thesis " Manufacture of MEK by Vapor-phase Dehydrogenation of Sec-Butyl Alcohol."
Design of Heat Exchangers, Distillation Columns and Pressure Vessels (Summer Internship at B.H.P.V).
MS Petroleum Engineering Courses, Petrochemicals, Petroleum Geology.
- BS Chemical Engineering Courses, Petroleum Refinery Engineering & Design and NGE.,
- Advanced Drilling Muds, Two-Phase Flow Modeling, Well Completion Design
- Operating Systems: WINDOWS, UNIX, MS-DOS, Macintosh.
- Languages: C++, FORTRAN, BASIC, HTML, Spreadsheet programming etc.,.
- Software Packages : MS-office , Drilling software for cuttings transport like ANNFLOW, WELLPLAN, etc., and Production Software like PIPEPHASE, FLOPAT, etc., Petroleum Refinery Software's like HYSYS, HEATER, HETEX programs.
Advanced Statistical Analysis (Mathematica Softwares).
Honors and Awards
- Best student award for academic excellence in B.Tech. Chemical Engineering from AU (top ranker out of a class of 95 students, 1993-'97 batch).
- 86.85 percentile in the All India Graduate Entrance Examination for admission into M.Tech (IIT-Kanpur).
- Merit student certificate from B.H.P.V School (1st to 10+2).
- Awarded second prize for presenting a technical paper titled "Production of Activated Carbon using Coconut Shells" in a national student symposium for Chemical Engineers (RIPPLES'95).
- Vice-President (1995-96) and President (1996-97) to Chemical Engineering students association, Andhra University, A.P., INDIA.
- Silver medallist in NTSE (National Talent Search Exam- 1993).
- Winner of TU intramural softball championship and 2nd prize in racquetball sports.
- Dr. Stefan Miska, Director, TUDRP/ Chairman, Department of Petroleum Engineering, University of Tulsa.
- Dr. J.J. Azar, Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering, University of Tulsa.
- Dr. Ovadia Shoham, Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering, University of Tulsa.
- Dr. C. Ayyanna, Chairman, Department of Chemical Engineering, Andhra University, A.P., INDIA.